As part of National Pollinator Week, join us in a celebration of pollination with a visit to our Garden, and see real pollinators helping our plants to grow. With the help of local scientists and organizations, learn about the important role these animals play in the survival of plants and people alike. Pollinator Day is sponsored in-part by the Burt’s Bees Greater Good Foundation.
Take a walk outside and get to know our amazing partners and community resources! Activities for the day include:
- Bayer Bee Care Center - Garden Kit raffles every hour, giveaways for stopping by their tent, and crayons and coloring sheets to take with you
- Durham County Master Gardeners - Stop by and explore how to spray your garden organically and learn more about the bees and butterflies in your own backyard
- Durham Bee City USA - Think you know honeybees? Find out! Stop by Durham Bee City's tent
- Citizen Science - Join one of our Museum educators in the Garden until 4:30pm and do cool pollinator experiments
- The Lab - Indoors or out, our Lab exhibit has something for you! Go outside at 11:00am and 1:00pm to enjoy even more pollinator programs
- Bee Downtown - See the ins and outs of a honey bee habitat with their observation hive. Ever wondered why you need a smoker for bees? Find out!
- Terra Vita - Visitors can create a newspaper pot and create their own seedling kit to take home!