Pumpkin Patch Express
15 per person *Museum admission not included map
Event Dates: Oct 3-4; 10-11; 17-18; 24-25
Celebrate Fall with a trip to the Museum’s pumpkin patch! Pick the perfect pumpkin to decorate at home. Enjoy a variety of activities inspired by autumn. Then, climb aboard the train for a ride back to the station on the Ellerbe Creek Railway!
The health and safety of our Museum community — our guests, Members, supporters, and team members — is our top priority. With that in mind, there will be some changes to the pumpkin patch experience.
- Guests will travel to the pumpkin patch site by way of the Dinosaur Trail path and may arrive at the patch anytime during their time slot. For example, if you have a 9:30 time slot, you may arrive at the pumpkin patch site any time between 9:30 and 10:00. This will help stagger guest arrival.
- Guests may stay at the patch as long as they like. The pumpkin patch site closes at 4:40 pm to allow for guests to exit the Museum by closing at 5:00 pm.
- We recommend that strollers be parked at the train station and collected when you return on the train.
- Your ticket includes a return trip train ride from the pumpkin patch back to the station.
- The train will run on a continuous loop at a lower capacity.
- Guests are asked to sit together and leave one bench in-between their party and other passengers.
- The train will be sanitized by staff members in-between trips.
- Some high-touch activities have been replaced or improved to provide a fun and safe experience.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at the patch.
Activities Include: Pick a pumpkin, Hay maze, Nature Bingo, Mini Golf, Rubber Duck Races, Take-home activities, Return train ride on the Ellerbe Creek Railway