SciGirls is an Emmy-award winning PBS KIDS television series and website dedicated to changing the way millions of girls think about STEM (science, technology, engineering and math). Local educators are invited to participate in a hands-on, minds-on professional development training hosted by the Museum of Life and Science. We invite you to join us and learn the SciGirls Seven proven strategies for engaging girls in STEM while participating in some fun activities!
Participants attending this workshop will:
- Learn the latest research for exciting and engaging girls (and boys) in STEM
- Experience hands-on STEM activities
- Leave with curriculum that puts a creative twist on teaching STEM
- Learn how to modify activities to engage kids in STEM using the SciGirls Seven
- Discover additional online resources that enhance teaching and learning experiences for all kids.
- Receive a certificate that may be used to apply for professional development credit
Everyone benefits from a gender-equitable approach to STEM!
This training will be facilitated by Laahiri Chalasani, Education and Program Manager at the Children's Science Center in Fairfax, Virginia: www.childsci.org
We're Sold Out!
*Check back for more events like this!