AfterHours is going virtual!
We’ve partnered with a panel of beer experts to bring a beer tasting to you at home! Ask questions in real-time while tasting beverages from the comfort of our couch. Plus, your ticket purchase and a portion of your beer purchase support the Museum of Life and Science!
Co-hosting the tasting will be our friend and Advanced Cicerone, Andy Morrison, alongside representatives of six breweries from across the country!
• Appalachian Mountain Brewery - Boone Creek Blonde Ale
• Stem Ciders – Lavender Apple Cider
• Wicked Weed Brewery- Watermelon Dragon Fruit Burst
• White Street Brewing Co. - Hoptastic IPA
• Firestone Walker Brewing Company – FlyJack Hazy India Pale Ale
• SweetWater Brewery - Guide Beer Lager
You’ll have the opportunity to hear about each beer while you taste and ask the experts questions as you go.
How it works:
1. Purchase our event six-pack at Sam’s Bottle Shop in Durham, NC any time before the event (must be 21+) Each in-person purchase comes with beer swag, tasting notes and a gift from the Museum of Life and Science.
2. Purchase a ticket to the webinar, you’ll receive a confirmation email with a ‘View Livestream’ button.
3. Keep your beer cold until August 21st and tune in at 7 PM!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Wait, so is the beer virtual?
No! The beer is very real and can be purchased at Sam’s Bottle Shop for $12.99
I don’t live near Sam’s Bottle Shop, can I still participate?
If you prefer to assemble the good stuff yourself, no sweat! Take our tasting list (above) and craft the perfect assortment of brews before we go virtual! However, every time a six-pack is purchased, Sam’s Bottle Shop and Harris Beverage will donate a part of the proceeds to the Museum!
If it's on Zoom, can you see me?
No, this is a webinar. You'll be able to see & hear the presenters but they won't be able to see you. You'll have the option to submit questions at any time.
If your question wasn’t answered, please contact our AfterHours event team.