Bring the Museum into your home with our new virtual birthday party programs. Digitally connect with an animal or bug handler to meet some of our resident critters. Your birthday child will also receive a box full of science-themed gifts from our Museum store!
- 45-minute Animal or Bug program held via Zoom, showcasing 4 of our program animals or bugs
- A special box of gifts and a t-shirt delivered right to your door for your birthday child (valued at $48)
- Complimentary virtual invitation for you to send to up to 14 additional party guests
- Museum-themed coloring pages and temporary tattoos
General Public: $150
*Virtual programs are limited to a maximum of 15 viewing parties*
Birthday parties must be paid in full at time of booking.
Ready to plan an amazing birthday?
VirtuaL PARTY FAQ:
What is included in the Virtual parties?
- A 45-minute Animal or Bug educational program held virtually via Zoom showcasing 4 animals or bugs
- A box full of science-themed gifts and keepsake t-shirt delivered to your door for your birthday child
- Museum themed coloring pages and temporary tattoos for you to distribute to your guests
- A virtual invitation for you to send to your guests
What days and times can I book a virtual party?
We hold virtual parties on Saturdays at 11:00AM, 1:00PM, or 3:00PM.
How many guests can I invite to the virtual program?
Virtual parties are limited to no more than 15 viewing parties or households. Each viewing party can have as many people as they want. You must provide your guest list to the birthday party coordinator prior to the party date. The Museum has a locked Zoom account and will only let in those viewing parties that are on the guest list to ensure security for your party.
How early should I book my virtual party?
We strongly suggest booking your party up to 10 days in advance to ensure date and time availability. 10 days in advance also gives enough time for your box of gifts to arrive.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Any party cancellation must be requested in writing to the birthday party office.
- Parties that wish to cancel once the booking process is complete but prior to 10 days before the party will require a $25 cancellation fee withheld from the party fee paid.
- If the party is cancelled between 10 days prior to the party and before the Wednesday before the party, a 50% cancellation fee will be withheld from the party fee paid.
- If the party is cancelled after the Wednesday prior to the party at 5PM, there will be no refund applied and the full amount of the party will be withheld.
- If the party needs to be cancelled or rescheduled on the day of the party, please call 919.220.5429 ext. 339 and ask for the Birthday Party Contact.
- There is no refund for a no-call, no show.
What if I need to reschedule?
We will gladly reschedule your virtual party at no cost. Please have a few reschedule date options ready when contacting our birthday party office.
Do you provide invitations?
Yes! You will receive a PDF virtual invitation that you can customize and send out to your guests once you’ve booked your party.
How do I access the virtual program on the day of the party?
We will send you a Zoom meeting invitation prior to the day of the party. Please feel free to share this meeting invite with your guests if everyone is viewing on their own devices. We will give a few minutes at the beginning of the program to make sure everyone has time to log in. Please try to ensure that all of your guests have a Zoom account prior to the party date.
Can we talk to the animal or bug handler during the program?
Absolutely! The handler will ask questions and encourage your guests to answer and ask their own questions! Our virtual parties are meant to be interactive.
What is in the box that will be delivered to my house?
The box will be full of several science-themed gifts from our Museum store. Upon booking, you can specify what themed box you would like (Animal, Bug, Butterfly, Dinosaur, Space, or Geology). The box will also have a keepsake t-shirt for your birthday child, as well as several Museum-themed coloring pages and tattoos that you can distribute to your guests.
Do you have any questions? Need more information? Need to talk to our Birthday Coordinator? Call (919) 220-5429 ext. 315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org