AfterHours: Science of Beer
May 26, 6:30 pm – 10 pm
Leave the kids at home! This event is for adults 21+!
Join us for a spring edition of everyone’s favorite beer-themed Museum event! Reps from your favorite breweries will serve up samples all evening while our science experts school you on beer making. Relax at one of our outdoor biergartens, take a train ride on the Ellerbe Creek Railway or visit our Tinkerlab and make something unique to take home.
In addition to exploring our 65,000 sq. feet of indoor hands-on exhibits, you’ll get to enjoy Gateway Park, Hideaway Woods, and Magic Wings Butterfly House.
Your Ticket Includes:
- A commemorative AfterHours pint glass
- Beer and food samples from your favorite breweries and eateries
- Self-guided Tinkering & Drinkering activities including leatherworking, button making, and more!
- Train rides on the Ellerbe Creek Railway until 8:30 pm
- Hands-on experiments and expert-led presentations
Not a big beer drinker but love fermentation science? Don’t fret! We’ll have wine and cider available for purchase at our cash bars and plenty of awesome activities. To top it off, all money raised from this event will benefit our conservation and education initiatives that help inspire lifelong learning. Food trucks, experiments, and beer served with a dash of altruism. What could be better?
Don’t forget to buy your limited edition, Science of Beer t-shirt printed on-site for $10! Available while supplies last.
Joining us for Science of Beer:
- Appalachian Mountain Brewery
- Birdsong Brewing Company
- Bond Brothers Beer Company
- Bull City Ciderworks
- Carolina Brewery
- Catawba Brewing Company
- Craftboro Brewing Depot
- Crank Arm Brewing
- Durty Bull Brewing Company
- Olde Mecklenburg Brewery
- Precision Fermentation
- Sycamore Brewing
- Wicked Weed Brewing
- Vecino Brewing Co.