Kids Night Out
Let your kids play at the Museum after hours
Drop your little ones off for a kids-only evening of hands-on fun. We’ll eat pizza, play games, explore exhibits, and work together on science experiments. Your kids will have a blast while you’re off enjoying a few hours to yourself.
Each Kids Night Out runs from 5:30 to 8:30 pm and will offer new activities and places to explore. Be sure to sign up for multiple dates!
4 – 10 (must be potty-trained)
$35 per child for Museum Members
$40 per child for General Public
September 9 (Sold Out) and 23 (Sold Out)
October 14 and 28
January 13 and 27
February 10 and 24
March 10 and 24
April 14 and 28
What will an evening look like for my child?
5:30 – 6:00 pm: Drop-off and games on Southside
6:00 – 6:30 pm: Pizza dinner
6:30 – 7:30 pm: Science activities and exhibit exploration
7:30 – 8:00 pm: Choice of storytime, crafts, or games
8:00 – 8:30 pm: Pick-Up
What sort of activities will my child participate in?
- Our Kids’ Night Out program features a variety of hands-on activities. We design activities to be fun and exciting while helping kids develop skills and positive habits in scientific and critical thinking.
Is there a cancellation policy?
- The Museum will grant full refunds when a session is canceled by the Monday before the program date. No refunds will be issued after that date.
- If your child cannot attend the program due to a confirmed case or contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please contact our Reservations team to discuss options.
Can you accommodate my child with medical allergies and/or special needs?
- Allergies: We are happy to adjust snack options and may be able to adjust the dinner options for food allergies/intolerances.
- In case of severe food allergies, please be aware that it is not possible for us to monitor the food that other children may bring for their dinners.
- Our staff is trained to use EpiPens during an anaphylactic event. Please fill out an EpiPen authorization and waiver of liability form, which you can find here.
- Besides EpiPens, the Museum will not be responsible for administering medication to children.
- Special Needs: The Museum is committed to full and equal opportunity for children to enjoy our program experience, and all reasonable modifications will be considered.
- If your child has specific needs to create an enjoyable evening, please contact Cole Finney, our Associate Program Manager of Children’s Programming at email@example.com
What is your COVID-19 safety protocol?
- All COVID policies are subject to change based on government and health professionals’ recommendations. We will monitor local vaccination rates and update this page and email registered families should a change in policy occur.
- High traffic and shared areas are sanitized before the program.
- Our mask policy will mirror the Museum’s current visitor mask policy. Please check our website for details.
What happens if someone in the program displays symptoms?*
- If a child demonstrates COVID-like symptoms during the evening, they will be moved to an isolated location under supervision and caregivers will be notified for immediate pick-up.
- If someone is sent home for COVID-like symptoms, we will follow the Health Department’s guidance for contact tracing and inform families from all groups who may have been exposed.
- If there are indications that a staff member or participant with COVID-19 (symptomatic or asymptomatic) has attended the program, we will notify families immediately.
- We request that families remain in contact with us post-program and let us know if they find that their child may have been COVID-19 positive when attending the program. If this is the case, we will notify participating families and staff who may have been in contact with the child. *Subject to change based on government and health professionals’ recommendations. We will update this page and email registered families should a policy change occur.
What should I do if I have symptoms or test positive after attending the program?
- Please let us know if you have a fever or if anyone in your household tests positive for COVID-19 in the two weeks after attending the program.
How will drop-off and pick-up work?
- Child drop-off will be on our Southside parking lot, across the street from the main Museum, and will run 5:30-6:00 pm. You will park in the parking lot and walk your child to our educators who will sign them in and walk them over to join the rest of the group.
- For pick-up, we will again be at the Southside parking lot. It will run 8:00 – 8:30 pm.
- A fee of $5 per 10 minutes after 8:30 pm will be charged to your account.
- All adults are required to show an ID to sign out their child. Please have your ID ready to show when you arrive at the pick-up area.
What do I do if I need someone else to pick up my child from the Museum?
- Authorized pickups are entered through your Ultra Camp account and can be adjusted at any time.
- The Wednesday before the event, check your email for the names of individuals authorized for pick up and add anyone else through UltraCamp.
- You can also speak with or contact staff with changes.
What is included in the dinner?
- We will provide pizza, both a vegetarian and meat option with a fruit or vegetable side.
- There will be a peanut-free snack provided during the evening.
- Please send a water bottle with your child for the evening.