You make us smile!
Thank you to everyone who helped the Museum end our fiscal year strong! We appreciate your support above and beyond your membership.
Annual Fund support, above and beyond membership and admissions, is a critical resource for the Museum. It supports a range of discretionary and programmatic needs, from exhibitions and educational programs to animal care and wetlands conservation.
Did you know that the Museum is a nonprofit? That means not only is your donation appreciated, but it’s vital!
You can make an unrestricted gift at any time throughout the year. And your employer may have a matching gift program.
Our Commitment to the Community
For nearly eight decades, generations of visitors have found a home at the Museum as a place to discover, play, think, explore, and experience moments of wonder for a lifetime of learning. As a proud member of our Durham community, we are committed to providing valuable and engaging programming that highlights our shared interest in science and our world.
In 2022 we have:
- Welcomed thousands of local school groups for science and nature programming
- Opened the brand-new Wetlands Floating Walking in Explore the Wild
- Celebrated PRISM, our inaugural Pride in STEM program
- Offered free field trips for students and visit for Durham residents
- Provided camp scholarships to families with demonstrated financial need
- Created sensory-friendly events and programming
- Hosted an annual youth-led Climate Summit for local teens