Matt Pusateri, Senior Director of Marketing
(919) 220-5429 x390 | email@example.com
Recent Press Releases
March 24, 2023
Museum of Life and Science unveils 30×30: Art, Nature & Science exhibit
March 21, 2023
Museum of Life and Science opens Play to Learn exhibit
March 10, 2023
Museum of Life and Science announces opening of new Play to Learn experience
March 2, 2023
Barnes Family Foundation donates $2 million to the Museum of Life and Science
February 16, 2023
Museum of Life and Science to host second Youth Climate Summit
October 20, 2022
Museum of Life and Science hopes for Durham voters’ support this November
October 3, 2022
Museum of Life and Science announces the departure of red wolves Eno and Ellerbe
July 1, 2022
Museum of Life and Science welcomes eight new board members
June 28, 2022
NASA Selects Museum of Life and Science for project to engage Hispanic communities with Earth and space science
June 22, 2022
Museum of Life and Science celebrates diversity at “Prism” event on Sunday
June 9, 2022
Museum of Life and Science partners with Hayti Heritage Center to drive public engagement on issues of climate change and health
May 16, 2022
RELEASE: Association of Zoos and Aquariums accredits the Museum of Life and Science for another five years
March 23, 2022
Museum of Life and Science welcomes Kate Senner as new Vice President for Advancement
March 16, 2022
Museum of Life and Science offers “Celebrate 75” family day with $7.50 admission
March 16, 2022
Museum of Life and Science welcomes Lisa Ruth as new Vice President for People and Culture
January 28, 2022
Museum of Life and Science to Hold Youth Climate Summit
November 30, 2021
Free COVID-19 vaccination clinic at the Museum of Life and Science
November 9, 2021
Museum of Life and Science welcomes new black bear cub
October 5, 2021
Museum of Life and Science joins multi-institutional effort on climate change with North and South Carolina communities
June 15, 2021
Museum of Life and Science celebrates its 75th anniversary in Durham
April 13, 2021
Museum of Life and Science saddened to announce the death of beloved black bear, Virginia
March 30, 2021
Museum of Life and Science announces Carrie Heinonen as President and CEO
January 14, 2021
Museum of Life and Science receives $30k Cannon Foundation grant to support campus accessibility
December 4, 2020
Museum of Life and Science head Barry Van Deman announces departure
Our marketing and communications staff are eager to assist you! We welcome the opportunity to assist credentialed electronic and print journalists with editorial coverage and stories of the Museum of Life and Science.
A few things to keep in mind:
- We promise to help make your story a great one; however, the staff of the Museum of Life and Science may set guidelines and limitations to ensure the safety of our guests, staff, and animals.
- All interviews with Museum employees will be arranged through the marketing office.
- Special permission is required to enter off-exhibit areas. Contact our marketing team and we will do our best to get you where you need.
- As much as we’d like to go above and beyond where a great story is concerned, animal quarantine and exhibit development areas are off-limits to media personnel.
- Reporters and photographers are allowed in visitor-approved areas and public pathways, but if you’re accompanied by someone in our communications office, then we may let you explore just a bit more.
- Need a vehicle on Museum grounds to make your story complete? No worries! Our marketing team is happy to help.
Media Admission Policy
The Museum of Life and Science’s media admission policy enables working media to become familiar with the Museum’s various feature opportunities. We will consider requests on a case-by-case basis depending upon the relevancy of each applicant’s news outlet and market. This courtesy is extended to active members of the news media only (reporters, producers, editors, photographers) and does not include retired personnel. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-media groups wishing to reserve private or after-hours use of exhibit space for videography or photography purposes should contact the Museum’s rentals department at (919) 220-5429 ext.400.
Please note that 48 business hours advance notice is required.