10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Join the Museum of Life and Science and learn how biotechnology impacts our everyday lives! Investigate biotech’s role in food security, medical research, art, and more. Engage with activities, demonstrations, and info from top scientists and companies doing cutting-edge work in the field as you explore our campus.
Meet these visiting scientists and check out our hands-on activities:
- Get a close-up look with Ramona Optics’ advanced computational microscope
- Explore plant genetics and food security with NCSU’s Dr. Carly Sjogren
- Investigate groundwater re-engineering with EOS Remediation
- Connect technology and sleep science with Dr. Sujay Kansagra’s Lullabee (joining at noon)
- Paint with structural color inspired by butterflies’ wings!
- Build DNA origami, and learn about the technology that shares the same name