Party for the Planet
10 am – 3 pm
Included with admission
Thank you for celebrating Spring into Action with us! On this Endangered Species Day, we will learn more about protecting and supporting the environment and celebrate the good work constantly in motion in the Durham community. Remember to bring your Spring into Action activity tracker to get a special button!
Party for the Planet is an environmental education event with AZA that encourages members of our community to learn about and protect their natural world. We’ll host local environmental organizations to showcase the amazing work that they are doing in Durham with interactive info tables around our outdoor pathways and celebrate with activities and explorations throughout campus.
Join us for:
- Make some noise! Turn recycled materials into new treasures and join in a Party for the Planet Parade! We’ll also be accepting paper rolls, 2-liter bottles, and shoe boxes for future programming.
- Animal Encounter: Meet one of our program box turtles and learn more about supporting species near and far.
- Meet with the Durham County Master Gardeners and Ellerbe Creek Watershed Association to learn how you can protect and support our local environment.
- Bear Awareness Q&A with Animal Care team! Ask all your bear questions and get your Spring into Action activity tracker stamped.
- Engage with hands-on ecology activities in The Lab.
- Catch showings of two new PBS documentaries that highlight conservation work here at the Museum and across North Carolina, and chat with our panelists. Showings are at 10:30 am and 12:00 pm; documentaries are 10 minutes each. Footage provided courtesy of PBS NC. Stories are part of series produced in partnership with the Pulitzer Center for Crisis Reporting and the North Carolina Department of Natural and Cultural Resources.
Spring Into Action marks the Museum of Life and Science’s participation in the Association of Zoos and Aquariums, AZA’s Party for the Planet, a yearly celebration encouraging folks to create habitats, reduce and clean up litter, and get outdoors! Join us for events and programming focused on appreciating and supporting the earth.