Pumpkin Patch Express
Every Saturday & Sunday in October
October 2 – 3, 9 – 10, 16 – 17, 23 – 24, 30 – 31
$15 per person; kids two and under are free
Museum admission not included
Celebrate Fall with a trip to the Museum’s pumpkin patch! Pick the perfect pumpkin to take home and decorate. Enjoy a variety of activities inspired by autumn. Then, climb aboard the train for a ride back to the station on the Ellerbe Creek Railway!
- Pick a pumpkin
- Hay maze
- Mini golf
- Nature bingo
- Take-home activities
- Return train ride on the Ellerbe Creek Railway
Frequently asked questions
- Pre-registration for tickets is required for this event and can be purchased online.
- Children 2 and under are free in an adult ticket holder’s lap. We invite ticketed adults to share their pumpkins. One pumpkin per ticketed person.
- Please be prepared to purchase admission (or have your membership card checked) upon arrival at the Museum.
- Tickets are available for sale online until 2 hours before time slot.
- Tickets are purchased in advance. Any remaining tickets will be available for sale at the door.
- For accessibility questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We recommend you arrive 30 minutes prior to your Pumpkin Patch entry time to allow for check-in and time to travel to the patch entrance. Please bring your ticket either printed or electronically.
- Members and General Admission guests: Please enter through your designated entrance as normal.
- Business Members: Please enter through the general admission entrance.
Are tickets transferable?
Yes, all tickets are transferable. To transfer your ticket you must contact our reservations office, email@example.com at least 72 hours ahead of your ticket date and time. No transfers can happen on-site or on the day of your planned visit.
Are there any refunds?
Refunds will only be issued if the event is canceled. While this is an outdoor event, most weather conditions, including light rain, do not prevent us from running the train. Our highest priority is the safety and comfort of our guests. In the event the train is unable to operate due to high winds, mechanical issues, heavy rain, or thunderstorms, we will provide notice by 9:00 am via email to the ticket buyer and leave a pre-recorded phone message at (919) 220-5429 ext. 344 and post a message to the main social media pages.
Should we have to cancel a full or partial day for safety concerns, we will offer to reschedule you on another day, fully refund your ticket, or gratefully accept your ticket purchase as a donation to the Museum. Please make your reservation and check your details carefully (before you check out) to ensure that you have booked the correct date and time. The Museum is not responsible for errors made during the registration process by the buyer.
Can I change the date/time of my tickets?
We are happy to assist you in changing your train date and time, changes must be made at least 24 hours in advance of your ticket date and time. All exchanges are based on availability and can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours 9 am – 4 pm. Availability is not guaranteed. There is a $10 processing fee per transaction.
Is my ticket tax-deductible?
The Museum of Life and Science is a charitable organization, and $5.00 of each ticket purchase is tax-deductible. The Museum of Life and Science Tax ID is 56-098434.