Private Events General Information
Please review the abbreviated list of rental policies:
- The Museum closes at 5 pm. Event rentals in exhibit spaces may be scheduled to begin at or after 6:30 pm and are permitted to end no later than 1 am.
- Due to Museum operations, vendors are not allowed entry to the event space prior to 5:30 pm on the event date. Museum teams will set up all tables and chairs per the customized floorplan for your event.
- For the safety of our animals, balloons, confetti, fog machines, sequins, streamers, etc. are not allowed in the Museum.
- Decorations are recommended to be freestanding.
- Catering, bartending and rentals must be contracted through an approved vendor for Museum events. All food and beverage must be provided by the caterer. Outside food and alcohol are not permitted.
- Beer, Wine, and Champagne are the only permitted forms of alcohol at the Museum of Life and Science.
- Cash bars are not allowed at the Museum of Life and Science.
- An off-duty officer is required for parties at or over 100 guests for the hours serving alcohol at a cost of $45 per hour.
- Smoking is prohibited throughout the entire campus of the Museum of Life and Science including the parking lots.
Our full rental policies will be provided with your contract.